Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another World to Conquer

Welcome to Fleur D'Amour, a blog whose purpose will be to chronicle my activities as a singer and songwriter. Fleur D'Amour is my performing name, and is French for "Flower of Love." This weblog will be a place for me to talk about recording the songs I have written and about the process of developing ideas I have regarding my music and its presentation.

For anyone who is interested, I am also a writer of books and an arts journalist, and I have a separate blog for those areas at http://www.parsifalshorse.blogspot.com. I recently began that blog as an umbrella for all of my creative activities, but it quickly became apparent that it will work much better going forward to break the music and the writing into two separate blogs. There will be some overlap between the two, most especially between the journalism and music, but I work deeply in both fields, and it seems better to provide a forum for each in order to do it justice.

I hope to use this space to detail some of my progress, both creatively as I work on my music and more materially as I make efforts to release and distribute it. I am excited about the wide-open new world afforded by the internet, and I look forward to direct interaction with an audience.

-Susan Brooks

No comments: