Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fleur is Germinating

I've been somewhat remiss lately in both working on my music and updating this blog, because I have been really focused on my writing projects. I've been working on my books and journalism, but I am hoping to get more of a balance going with my music by summertime. One music project I have been working on lately is making reference recordings of all the songs that I have written and that I want to actualize. I have about sixty that have complete melodies and lyrics, and about twenty more that are lyrics only and need melodic development. I am saving up to buy a MacBook Pro, because the laptop I have is inadequate to my needs for making music the way that I want it to sound. For now, I am making hard copies of the songs for my own reference, like a sound library. I'm also working on updating my songbook. Some of my lyrics have evolved a little since I set them down, and I need to bring them up to date. Administrative stuff like this is kind of boring, but it helps me develop and refine the songs, so I feel like I am laying groundwork for the future. I plan to have the computer by August after I return from a conference related to my book-writing, and hope to spend a lot of late summer and fall working on composing instrumental parts to accompany my vocals.

No comments: