Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Silver Lake

I plan to start going out more often in Los Angeles, because the music scene is so amazing here right now. I've met a lot of musicians with my freelance writing, especially for Performer Magazine, which covers the indie scene. Local bands I have covered include Earlimart, Twilight Sleep, Great Northern, Everest, West Indian Girl, The Deadly Syndrome and Marvelous Toy. I've also covered West Coast regional bands like Minus the Bear from Seattle and San Francisco goth group Veil Veil Vanish. I go to The Echo and Spaceland a lot for shows, and I want to start branching out more. There is so much going on here on any given night you have to pick and choose well, but I get so creatively stimulated when I do go out that I am trying to avail myself of the resources and get out there. I have been kind of out of the loop the last few months, because I was writing my second book all of last year, a project which completely took over my life, and then I was taking music industry classes during the first quarter of this year, but we're coming into spring and summer, and I want to get out and circulate and see some bands. Rock on.

No comments: